- April 24, 2019
- Posted by: webmadstaff
- Category: Upcoming
Every client who walks through the door, has strengths … but many of them just don’t know it. The key is to work alongside clients, help them to identify the skills they do have, and empower them with new ones.
Our new strengths-based training programme, designed in collaboration with FinCap, is designed to help embed strengths-based techniques into every day practice in your role as an effective Financial Mentor.
This programme has three parts.
- A day long practical workshop
- Zoom meetings with the facilitator to embed practice
- Motivational Interviewing workshop
The first workshop will include:
- Identify parts of strength-based practice
- Strength-based practice and Te Tiriti
- Identify how culture influences our strengths
- Building resilience
- Identify the language of strength-based practice
- Using GROW model to set a SMART goal
- Reflecting on our practice
A pilot is currently taking place and four initial workshops were delivered in Auckland, Palmerston North, and Invercargill, followed by a series of ‘zoom calls’ during 2019. Part 3, a further training day, will shortly be advertised.
Next venues planned are:
- Hamilton (21 October 2020)
- Tauranga (23 October 2020)
- Christchurch – date to be confirmed.
- Wellington – date to be confirmed.
Please contact Sarah Malin at CBNZ. email@example.com
A collaboration between CBNZ and FinCap.